Our Cur-OST® SA pet health supplement helps to manage chronic pain and inflammation while supporting overall health and tissue repair in ONE supplement! The only pet joint supplement utilizing the power of curcumin, boswellia, nutritive herbs including spirulina blue green algae to not only reduce inflammation but support overall health.
Inflammation is an ongoing problem, contributing to poor health, disease and poor performance. Most ‘joint’ supplements on the market only replace what is being lost as a result of inflammation and do very little to curb the ongoing process. If we can manage inflammation more effectively, then not only is health restored, but joint function is improved. Often, we can reduce the usage of typical joint supplements due to our Cur-OST®products reducing inflammation and minimizing tissue degradation. Cur-OST® is the only supplement utilizing potent levels of curcumin to combat inflammation effectively, restore health and soundness! You can supplement all day long with glucosamine and chondroitin products! The question is ‘What are you doing to combat inflammation?”.
Manage High Levels of Inflammation and Support Overall Health with ONE Supplement for YOUR PET!
Don’t Just Support the JOINTS….Support the ENTIRE Body!
Our Cur-OST® SA formula is a joint supplement and overall health supplement in ONE! Giving your companion pets providing anti-inflammatory, pain reducing, immune enhancing ingredients and hair/skin support to give you results! Cur-OST® SA helps to manage chronic joint pain and stiffness while supporting overall health and recovery from soft tissue injuries including torn tendons and torn ligaments. Through management of chronic inflammation, you can minimize the need for glucosamine and chondroitin supplements while getting an overall improved quality of life for your pet!
Research Supported. Veterinary Formulated and Clinically Utilized to get results for over 7 years!
The Cur-OST® line of products utilize the finest herbs, vitamins, and minerals that have been scientifically researched and clinically proven to reduce the inflammation associated with many disorders as well as support the immune system. With our high-grade formulations and blends, you can trust that you are getting the best product nature provides.
Cur-OST® SA Companion formula contains:
- Curcumin (BCM-95®): Research supported and clinically proven to combat inflammation and pain as well as provide secondary antioxidant support, primarily through down regulation of NF-kB and upregulation of NRF-2. BCM-95® is a patented curcumin extract containing volatile oils from the Turmeric root to enhance absorption up to 7x that of normal curcumin.
- Boswellia serrata 65%: Research support and clinically proven to reduce inflammation by impacting the 5-LOX pathway, which acts synergistically with curcumin for enhanced results.
- Mushroom Beta-glucans: Support a healthy immune response and enhance vitality
- Vitamin C: Potent antioxidant for cellular health and tissue repair
- Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols): Potent antioxidant for cellular health
- Green Tea 90% extract: Potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
- CoQ10: Potent antioxidant for cellular health, energy and cardiovascular health
- Flax Seed: Reduces inflammation, valuable source of omega fatty acids for cardiovascular health
- Alfalfa: Vital source of protein, vitamins/minerals in their natural form
- Spirulina: Potent source of protein and natural vitamins/minerals, detoxifies, reduces inflammation.
- Anise Seed: Supports healthy digestion
Cur-OST® SA Companion is formulated using both Curcumin and Boswellia in addition to a host of other ingredients that work synergistically to:
- Reduce inflammation and pain by blocking enzyme pathways that are pro-inflammatory.
- Rebuild cartilage and connective tissue that has been lost by aging, injury and normal wear and tear due to inflammation.
- Restores lubrication and fluid to the joints, which may have been reduced to inflammation, helping to provide cushion as they move.
- Enhance overall health, immune system and skin/hair
How Cur-OST® Combats Inflammation & Pain:
A TWO Tiered Approach: Downregulation of NF-kB to combat inflammation and Upregulation of NRF-2 to enhance natural antioxidants
A compound found in the spice turmeric, inhibits multiple inflammatory pathways in the body. It is also a potent antioxidant. Some of the benefits associated with Curcumin include immune system modulation, protection from oxidative stress, and support for the body’s natural anti-inflammatory response. The specialized extract, BCM-95®, in this formula has the highest absorption of any Curcumin extract available for the maximum health benefit. Curcumin has also shown benefits as a potent anti-oxidant, immune system modulator and provides protection against oxidative stress. It has also been shown to demonstrate potent anti-cancer properties. Curcumin is one of the active ingredients extracted from Turmeric. Turmeric is composed primarily of Curcumin, desmethoxyCurcumin and bisdemethoxy Curcumin. Curcumin is considered the most active of the three Curcuminoids and composes about 2-4% of the total content of Turmeric. One of the most heavily cultivated Turmeric species is Curcuma longa, which is primarily grown in the southern and eastern parts of India.(1) Modern research has exploded regarding Curcumin over the past several decades. Curcumin acts at multiple targets and levels, affecting numerous transcription factors and cellular signaling pathways. Curcumin has been shown to benefit numerous chronic diseases by reducing inflammation. It is also an antioxidant, more powerful than vitamin E, which serves to quench oxygen and nitrogen free radicals. It has been termed a “complete anti-inflammatory”, affecting all processes and facets of inflammation including cytokines, chemokines, adhesion molecules, growth factors, transcription factors such as NF-kB and AP-1, as well as a large number of kinases such as p38 and JNK. (1)
Curcumin’s biological activity is attributed to being both an anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory, with both activities being complementary. Oxidative stress elicits an inflammatory response, so to be effective, the agent should quench free radicals as well as reduce inflammation. Most modern drugs fail to meet this standard and in most cases target to block COX-2, which is only a small piece of the inflammatory process. By blocking COX-2, there is then a reduction in the production of prostaglandin E2 (PGE-2) which is involved with pain signaling. All chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and Alzheimers have inflammation as a root component. COX-2 is also constitutively present in some tissues such as the brain and kidneys (2,3), as well as the gastrointestinal system (4). Thus, complete inhibition of COX-2 is not without possible negative consequences such as gastric ulceration and kidney damage. Most drugs exhibit a complete blockade or inhibition of a various pathways, which then impacts other pathways and leads to side effects. Curcumin does not exhibit complete blockade, but instead only down regulates the overactive pathway to basal or normal levels.
- Curcumin Educational Material, Dolcas Laboraties, 2009
- Maslinska D, Kaliszek A, Operowska J et al, Constitutive Expression of Cyclooxygenase-2 in Developing Brain. A Charoid Plexus in Human Fetuses, Folia Neuropathol, 1999, 37; 287-91.
- Komhoff, M et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 Selective Inhibitors Impair Glomerulogenesis and Renal Cortical Development, Kidney Int, 2000, 57: 414-22.
- Kawai, S. Cyclooxygenase Selectivity and the Risk of Gastrointestinal Complications of Various Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs: A Clinical Consideration. Inflamm Res, 1998, 47:S102-6.
A fragrant tree found in the valleys of India. Its resin is used to make frankincense… but it has also been used to promote joint health and proper inflammatory response for decades in humans. Boswellia also helps to control COX-2 which will ensure FAST long lasting effects. The special Boswellia extract found in Cur-OST® has been standardized to contain 65% Boswellic acids. So with every dose of Cur-OST®, you can feel confident that your pet or horse is getting the highest standard of Boswellia available.
Research studies, in-vitro, indicate that boswellic acids are capable of inhibiting pro-inflammatory 5-lipoxygenase products which can contribute to bronchoconstriction, chemotaxis and increased vascular permeability. (1,2,3) The enzyme 5-lipoxygenase is one of the two key enzymes in the arachidonic acid cycle which contribute to inflammation. A Boswellia extract was compared to ketoprofen, a common non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, for effects on glycosaminoglycan metabolism in the joint cartilage. The Boswellia extract significantly reduced the degradation of glycosaminoglycans, while the ketoprofen group exhibited a decrease in tissue glycosaminoglycan content. (4)
- Boswellia serrate Monograph, Alternative Medicine Review, vol. 13, no. 2, June 2008
- Ammon HP, Mack T, Singh GG, Safayhi H. Inhibition of leukotriene B4 formation in rat peritoneal neutrophils by an ethanolic extract of the gum resin exudate of Boswellia serrata. Planta Med, 1991; 57:203-207.
- Robertson RP. Arachidonic acid metabolites relevant to medicine. In: Braunwald E, Isselbacher KJ, Petersdorf RG, et al, eds. Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine. 11th ed. New York , NY. McGraw-Hill: 1987:375.
- Reddy GK, Chandrakasan G , Dhar SC. Studies on the metabolism of glycosaminoglycans under the influence of new herbal anti-inflammatory agents. Biochem Pharmacol. 1989;38:3527-3534.